Wednesday 13 November 2013

Number Two - Ur Not In Fashion


For one of my first features I thought what better way to do it than focussing on one of my favourite brands UNIF. I am ALWAYS lusting after their pieces but find it a little difficult to buy because of them being USA based.


The Wednesday Dress
The Wednesday dress which is the first picture is simply gorgeous, I love the contrast of mesh to velvet, and also how nicely the skirt of the dress hangs in a loose discreet ‘skater’ style. And from the name is some indication of where they got the idea for the collar from, borrowing Wednesday Addam’s trademark white collar with some delicate detailing!




Neo Boots
      The Neo boots are currently my favourite shoes on the UNIF website. They’re on trend with the chunky ankle boot design. The unusual zip placement catches by eye, and I love the ‘’ribbed’’ leather effect on the front of the boot. On the description it states ‘The perfect boots to cyber in’- I disagree, the perfect boots to ‘anything’ in! 





     The Hangover Sweater
I love jumpers and knitwear and UNIF always seem to nail it in this department- Edgy, stylish but still so casual. I can’t pick my favourite thing about this jumper.. I’m torn between the shredded detailing in the knit but am also fascinated by the side zips.  If I was to choose between the two colour-ways I would have to go with the Camel/Mustard colour and I would probably team it with some leather trousers to keep the edginess in the jumper relevant. 







Outsider Jacket
I thought denim was going to hit it off in a much broader scale this season but hasn't seemed to take off. Especially shredded distressed denim like this ‘outsider jacket.’ I love the washed pale denim and this it really looks great with the ‘white’ loose threads from the frays. Showing off a bit of flesh even with a jacket on is something I'm in favour of too.  The Description on the UNIF site states – ‘’A PERFECTLY DESTROYED DENIM JACKET THAT LOOKS LIKE IT'S GONE TO HELL, PARTIED A BIT, THEN CRAWLED HOME’’ I couldn't agree more




Vapor Clutch
For the last item on the post I thought I would pick my favourite ‘accessory’ out of the UNIF collection. This was the ‘Vapor Clutch’ I love the fold top flap on the bag which is teamed with a zip fastening and a ‘push’ buckle closure, making it extra secure. I love the see-through Frosted clear PVC as I love the idea of being able to see what is inside the bag from the outside. I’ve seen lots of Clear PVC material clutch bags but this one has definitely been my favourite so far.

Considering the brand name UNIF stands for ‘Ur Not In Fashion’ they certainly have some very in fashion pieces, this may be my first post on UNIF but it most certainly will not be my last. 


x







No comments:

Post a Comment